Nino focuses on providing comprehensive dispute management advice and representing clients in arbitration and state court proceedings.
As a certified commercial mediator, he always keeps an eye on a fast and amicable resolution of his clients' disputes. Nevertheless, he does not shy away from bringing a matter to court and to carry it through to the end. He regularly appears before Swiss courts of all instances (District Courts, Zurich Commercial Court, Supreme Court of Switzerland) as well as before arbitral tribunals (Swiss Rules, DIS Rules, LCIA Rules and ICC Rules).
Nino has particular expertise in resolving cross-border disputes. With his legal training in three countries - Switzerland, Germany and England (barrister, non-practising) - he is in a unique position to assist clients in this area. In addition, he has gained extensive expertise in international law through his doctoral dissertation on the Lugano Convention as well as his postgraduate studies at the University of Cambridge and the Center for Transnational Legal Studies.
Nino is also committed to bringing litigation into the digital age. In addition to using modern technologies in his day-to-day work, he is a member of the "Justitia 4.0" working group, an expert group dedicated to preparing the complete digitization of the Swiss judicial system.
Prior to joining Lex Futura, Nino was an attorney in the dispute resolution team of CMS von Erlach Poncet AG, one of the largest global law firms. In this capacity, he represented clients before Swiss courts and arbitration tribunals. He has also been involved in white-collar criminal cases and FINMA administrative proceedings.
Nino studied law at the University of Fribourg, where he received his doctorate. He also holds an LL.M. in international law from the University of Cambridge.
- 2019: German Bar Admission (Hanseatic Bar Association Hamburg)
- 2018: LL.M. in International Law, University of Cambridge
- 2018: Bar transfer test for admission to the bar of England & Wales, BPP Law School, London
- 2017: Accredited commercial mediator, CEDR, London
- 2017: Bar transfer test for admission to the bar of Germany, Landesjustizprüfungsamt Stuttgart
- 2017: PhD in Law, University of Fribourg (summa cum laude, Joseph Vigener Preis)
- 2014: Swiss Bar Admission (Zurich)
- 2012: MLaw, University of Fribourg (summa cum laude)
- 2011: Certificate in Transnational Legal Studies, Center for Transnational Legal Studies, London
- 2010: BLaw, University of Fribourg (summa cum laude, bilingual French/German)